Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello, My Name is....

   So, my husband pointed out that I really just threw a blog up on the web without an introduction to myself or our store. Once in a while, he is right and this is one of those times :)

  
    First off, my name is Holli and my husband, James, and I own the bridal salon Dream Dress Bridal located in Brewer, Maine. I have loved the bridal world since I was a child and always dreamed of owning a bridal related business.
    I went to college for Business Management and for my marketing class, we were asked on the first day to come up with a business that we would use for all projects through out the semester. Since I was engaged and  had been looking at wedding gowns the day before with my girls, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. Over the next couple months, I had developed a business plan, floor lay-outs, advertisements, and had found amazing ways to provide gowns at incredibly low prices.
    When the class was over, I had an A on the books and hours and hours of research that were bound for the trash, but my fiance decided that it deserved to be more than just papers. He sold the house he had inherited from his grandparents and we scaled way back on our wedding expenses and used 3/4 of our wedding fund to make Dream Dress Bridal a reality.
    I work at our salon 5 days a week from open to close (6 days a week from January to July) and hand pick every gown that our store purchases. My brides love to find they are dealing with the owner because I have a personal interest in making sure they have the best experience possible. Too many of our competitor's hire local teens with no basic idea of materials, styles, or silhouettes and since they are paid minimum wage, they don't care whether you buy or not and if they are making commission, they will most likely steer you past your budget even if a less expensive gown looks best on you.
    We specialize in bridal gowns bought from closing salons or direct from the manufacturer when they are discontinued. We never know what we are going to find when we decide to work with a closing salon. We have had gowns from Reem Acra, Vera Wang, Melissa Sweet, Monique Lhuillier, and so many other designers. We have sold them all for between $500-$1000 each.  We currently have a Jim Hjelm that originally retailed for $3200 that we are selling for $1000. All of the gowns we offer are brand new!
    We also have regular lines that allow our brides to come in, try on, and order in the size and color they want and, of course, all of our bridesmaid dresses are available for order. We try to only offer lines that offer excellent quality with reasonable prices. After all, everyone's budgets are different.
    If there is a dress out there that you love and you would like to see if you can save some money on it, don't be afraid to contact us with the maker and style number. We have developed many contacts that traditional bridal stores do not have. In this economy, every penny really does count :)

www.dreamdressbridal.com

DISCLAIMER: Dream Dress Bridal does not endorse nor have control over the advertisers shown on our blog. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I am at right place. Actually, I am looking to buy pair of Maggie Sottero Bridesmaid. I am wondering if you deal in this brand or not. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete